Assertiveness Skills and Confidence Building Course
Build your skills and confidence to achieve better communication in the workplace
THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR:
The Assertiveness and Confidence Building Programme is for anyone who would like to improve their ability to communicate more constructively and build more cohesive relationships with people around them – both in and outside of work; and for those who would like to feel more confident in their ability to handle others, and feel better about themselves by building more self-confidence.
THIS WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU:
understand the real benefits of assertive thinking and behaviour, and apply a range of skills to help you deal confidently with the many challenges that life throws at us. This workshop is presented in a relaxed and informal way with expert coaching and guidance from the trainer.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU:
the skills to apply assertive thinking and constructive behaviours that can benefit you and enhance your relationships with those around you. You will have the chance to explore the concept and practice of assertiveness in comparison with other, less constructive behaviours, and learn a range of powerful techniques to change negative thoughts into positive, motivational thinking that can help you improve your confidence and performance.
- Understanding more about our own thinking, feelings and motivation, and how they affect our behaviour and performance
- Recognising why Assertive thinking and behaviour is significantly different from other, less constructive behaviours
- Identifying your own responses to different situations, people and behaviours
- What self-esteem is and where it comes from, and some powerful techniques to improve it
- Using a range of assertiveness techniques to resolve problems effectively with others
- Handling criticism and conflict in a more constructive way
- Feeling better about saying ‘no’ without having to change who you are or being seen as uncooperative