Management and Trade Union Co-operation
As the employee relations climate becomes increasingly challenging, the need to build and maintain fruitful and constructive relationships between Management and Trade Unions has become more significant and essential to an Organisation’s success.This unique Programme is presented by Richard Masters and Colin Adams, both leaders in their chosen fields – Industrial Relations and Leadership & Management Development.
THIS TWO DAY WORKSHOP IS FOR:
Anyone who represents their organisation’s Management or Trade Union who needs to achieve constructive discussions in their official Trade Union/Management meetings, and whose goals are to improve the relationship between Management and Trade Unions.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
Appreciate the need, and develop a strategy for, taking a different approach to building constructive working relationships. In an increasingly hostile climate where traditional approaches to building Management-Union relationships have arguably proven, at best, challenging and frustrating, this workshop will open up your mind to an alternative approach, which has a proven track record in getting better results for both parties.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU:
A unique, forward-thinking and strategic approach to building bridges between management and union representatives, resulting in more positive working relationships and more mutually successful outcomes; the skills required to improve your personal effectiveness in the employee relations arena; a better insight into human behaviour, communication, and the power of influence.
- A unique insight into, and understanding of, how both “sides” work and think
- Developing better relationships with the “other side” and a different approach to official meetings
- Working more effectively and constructively together
- Recognising the key principles and benefits of applying Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding the influence triggers that people respond to when making choices; how to appeal to their preferences; how to win the deals you want and influence others
- Identifying the key principles of successful influencing and negotiating; exploring your beliefs and values about what influencing means; developing the confidence to apply a range of skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Improving your personal effectiveness and impact on others; overcoming negative beliefs; making a powerful first impression; considering your communication style and creating a positive impact
- Recognising why some people are “difficult” and applying the skills to deal confidently with them; why we see certain people as ‘difficult’, and the significance of our own beliefs
Richard Masters MBE
Richard was awarded an MBE in the 2014 Queen’s Birthday Honours, for an outstanding contribution to learning, development and employee relations in the public sector.
Richard has over 30 years public and private sector experience in management, L&D and industrial relations.