Essential Skills for Trainers
THIS TWO DAY COURSE IS FOR:
anyone with a full or occassional requirement to train groups of people in the workplace
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO HELP YOU:
gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to design, develop and deliver highly effective, participative training sessions that will motivate people to learn effectively.
THIS COURSE WILL GIVE YOU:
the skills to identify training needs, understand how people learn, plan, design and deliver a dynamic training session, and evaluate the effectiveness of your training. The programme is designed to ensure a high level of participation thoughout and maximum learning relevance for individuals. You will have the opportunity to practice your skills, identify your strengths and focus on areas to develop further. You will gain valuable feedback from the trainer and develop confidence in your presentational ability from this process. You will develop the structure and content of a short practice presentation in stages throughout the event.
- Understanding and applying Kolb’s Learning Cycle
- Identifying Training Needs
- Recognising your own and others’ different Learning Styles and how to apply this to your training delivery
- Planning a clear and focused training session by applying effective aims and objectives and recognising the needs of your audience
- Developing effective training materials and visual aids
- Applying key skills, techniques and training styles in your training delivery
- Handing questions and dealing positively with difficult people
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your training
- identifying your key strengths and areas for improvement by means of performing “live” individual practice sessions during the event
What our Clients say about us:
“I wanted to comment on the excellent training that was provided. Colin delivered the “Train the Trainer” two day programme and in my opinion it was the most informative training I have done in a long while. I am a Learning and Development Officer currently completing my CIPD qualification and this course enriched my learning in many ways from basic preparation through to planning a training session and how to link it into learning theory. Colin’s delivery was very relaxed; he encouraged participation and his sense of humour, balanced with clear demands and expectations, made for a most enjoyable learning experience. I would recommend this course to anyone who is delivering training at any level.”
MH – Kirklees Council
“I came on your Train the Trainer course in October. There were a few of us from Kirklees Council who were about to train people on a big IT project. I just wanted to tell you that we are 3 weeks into our training, and we have found your horizontal plans absolutely brilliant. They have really helped us structure the sessions, keep on track and not use loads of notes. I think a few people were a bit sceptical at first about how they were any different to a normal piece of paper, but they have all found them really useful.
So thanks for that, it was probably one of the most useful tips we have picked up from a training course!”
CK – Team Manager – Housing, Kirklees Council