Employee Relations – Working with Trade Unions Masterclass
As the employee relations climate becomes increasingly challenging, the need to build and maintain fruitful and constructive relationships with Trade Unions and the employees they represent has become more significant and essential to an Organisation’s success.
This unique Programme is presented by Richard Masters and Colin Adams, both leaders in their chosen fields – Industrial Relations and Management.
THIS TWO DAY WORKSHOP IS FOR:
Every HR Manager and anyone in a Management capacity who needs to get the best from their dealings with their Trade Union reps, and whose goals are to improve the relationship between Management and Trade Unions.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU:
Appreciate the need, and develop a strategy for, taking a different approach to building constructive working relationships with your Trade Union reps. In an increasingly hostile climate where traditional approaches to building Management-Union relationships have arguably proven, at best, challenging and frustrating, this workshop will open up your mind to an alternative approach, which has a proven track record in getting better results for both parties.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU:
A unique, forward-thinking and strategic approach to building bridges between management and union representatives, resulting in more positive working relationships and more mutually successful outcomes; the skills required to improve your personal effectiveness when handling trade union related situations; a better insight into human behaviour, communication, and the power of Influence.
- A unique insight into, and understanding of, how Unions work and how Union reps think
- Developing better relationships with, and getting the best out of, Trade Unions and their reps
- Working more effectively and constructively with Trade Unions
- Recognising the key principles and benefits of applying Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding the influence triggers that people respond to when making choices; how to appeal to their preferences; how to win the deals you want and influence others
- Identifying the key principles of successful influencing and negotiating; exploring your beliefs and values about what influencing means; developing the confidence to apply a range of skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Improving your personal effectiveness and impact on others; overcoming negative beliefs; making a powerful first impression; considering your communication style and creating a positive impact
- Recognising why some people are “difficult” and applying the skills to deal confidently with them; why we see certain people as ‘difficult’, and the significance of our own beliefs