Administrators’ Development Programme
THIS TWO DAY COURSE IS FOR:
The Administrators’ Development Programme is for experienced administrators who are aspiring to develop their role and responsibilities, who may be required to occasionally deputise for their manager, and who may be considering progressing their career and gaining promotion into a supervisory or
first line manager capacity.
THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU:
examine the role of the experienced administrator in communicating and working effectively with those around you. Designed for those administrators who are aspiring to take on more responsibility, the focus is on making the most of one’s own resources and getting the best out of those for whom you may have an element of responsibility as a supervisor/first line manager. The programme also gives you the opportunity to explore the core management skills that will be expected of you in a supervisory capacity, by introducing the concept of team building, motivation, leadership and goal-setting.
THIS COURSE WILL GIVE YOU:
the skills to work and communicate positively with others as a key team member, manage your time and conduct your role effectively, and apply key leadership, feedback, coaching and delegation techniques in a supervisory capacity when required.
• Understanding the role and responsibilities of an effective administrator
• Developing and applying the basic principles and practices of an effective supervisor/first line manager
• Examining the meaning of constructive communication and how to apply it
• Recognising the needs of individuals and the team to motivate and encourage high levels of performance
• Dealing effectively with staff problems using constructive feedback & coaching techniques to promote a supportive environment
• Maximising the use of your own time whilst empowering and developing the skills of others